- Eye pins (craft store)
- small 4mm jump rings (craft store)
- necklace chain (I like to get mine off etsy, but any craft store has plenty to choose from)
- eraser pack from Target dollar spot
1. First you will want to cut the last third of one of the eye pins off to created a smaller pin piece.
2. Using your pliers slowly push the pin into the end of the eraser. You need to make sure that you pin is straight and that you insert it in the middle of the eraser body to that it doesn’t accidentally poke out the side of the eraser. You want the pin to go straight in.
4. The all that is left is to thread your chain through the ring and close the loop with either a clasp (if you have a short chain) or if you are going to a longer necklace look like me, you can just use another small jump ring. If you are using a thicker chain, you will need to go with a larger 6mm or 8mm jump ring.
And that’s all! Such a simple and unique gift for the teacher. But don’t think that you can’t sport your own eraser necklace too! The look so trendy, no one will ever know that they are an eraser unless you tell them! And the best part? They cost only about $1 each to make! Score!