- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 zucchini finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 large handfuls of spinach chopped
- 6 basil leaves and 2 TBSP parsley chopped fine
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package fresh pappardelle or fettuccine pasta cooked al dente
- 1 jar your favorite tomato sauce (I tend to prefer Prego if I don’t make my own)
Saute your onion and carrot in a drizzle of Olive Oil over medium heat until the onion starts to become translucent. Then add the garlic, zucchini, spinach, and herbs and continue to saute for an additional 3-4 minutes. Now add the ground beef and use a spatula to break up the beef as it cooks. At this time you can add salt and pepper to taste. When the pink is gone, add your pasta sauce and heat through. Finally add your cooked pasta and toss to coat.
Serve with shaved parmesan cheese and a spring of basil for garnish.
I hope you enjoy my version of this classic Italian dish. I know I sure do!